Personal Assistant Job
A busy family in Somerset West, South-Africa is looking for an organised, energetic, detail-oriented, driven, personable and creative individual to act as their Personal Assistant.
The position requires offering assistance in the successful management of the owner’s time, resources, home, house staff and children as well as handling all personal administrative tasks, and the running of her house.
The role involves, but is not exclusive to :
- Weekly grocery shopping and all general personal errands General administration and running of the home
- Manage accurate diary/timeous notification of professional and personal engagements Manage all family travel arrangements as needed – both business and personal
- Management of personal household and staff including weekly and monthly performance reporting as well as management of wages
- Ad hoc duties when requested due to the operational needs of the owners business/schedule Responsible for reconciliation of personal accounts, petty cash, budgets and banking Managing children’s schedule and appointments as well as transporting them to and from activities
- Managing meal planning, menu creation and overseeing cooking and meal preparation when needed
- First point of contact for enquiries, quotations, invoicing and requests for payment, and handling them when appropriate or communicating same to owner
- Placing of all orders for home and garden needs with suppliers
- Managing relationships with all service providers including all associated communication, correspondence, report writing and data management
- Being prepared to house sit & care for owner’s dogs and cats when owner or family are away Being able to live in and care for home and children if owner is away on business
- Managing, hiring and training household staff if and when required
- Managing organization and work done / required in maintenance of a large property and home
- English first language with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to draft letters and reports on behalf of the owners to a high standard of English. Microsoft Office software - PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to manage, train and hire household staff Project management skills – from start to finish
- Driver’s license and a perfect driving record Must be older than 25 years of age
- Experience with MS Office and ability to generate reports + graphs in basic bookkeeping.
- One to two years’ experience as a personal assistant, preferably to an executive.
- Matric is a necessity
- Studying toward or completed degree/diploma in business administration, marketing or commerce
Personal Skills / Attributes :
- Must be able to deal with a range of ongoing tasks at the same time and to be able to cope under pressure with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must be able to differentiate between what should take priority and what is less important Must have an eye for detail and be extremely well organized and meticulous in all areas of work and presentation
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook Must be able to plan forward anticipating boss’s needs
- Able to work from a brief and take direction and respond positively to feedback Friendly and professional disposition
- Must appreciate and enjoy dealing with children – 3 boys between the ages of 11 - 20 Must be prepared to manage and oversee children’s homework and enjoy spending some time from 15h00 onwards with a 12 year old – chatting, throwing a cricket ball or inspiring to read and be generally enquiring.
- This position requires accurate work and focus while being able to multi task. You should be extremely neat and organised, able to solve problems and take charge of a boss’s life with a positive and “can do all” attitude. You should possess excellent communication skills with a good command of the English language, and be able to anticipate the needs of the owner and family creating a supportive environment for all.
- You should be outgoing, energetic, neatly presented, organised, disciplined, be able to work to tight deadlines, reliable, flexible, self-motivated and able to think outside the box. A nurturing disposition is essential as well as the willingness to go the extra mile.
- Salary offering proportionate with your skills and experience.
Reference : 714 SA