Estate & Facilities Manager in Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa
The family office manager for a large estate in Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa is seeking to employ an Estate Manager for the property. The property consists of two dwellings which require the most professional estate manager to oversee staff, manage all aspects and services related to the properties and also be involved in the hands on requirements of the guests and family.
The large property requires formal services and five star treatment at all times. A very highly qualified candidate is sought with experience in managing a large luxury environment with a hands on approach to demand and supply operations.
Proper operation of the main manor and adjacent property with multi functions varied from family & guest accommodations, renovation, supply and staffing requirements such as schedules & rosters will be included in the responsibilities applied to the perfect candidate.
- A clean driving record with a valid South African Driver’s Licence
- Contactable references for at least 5 years in a similar role in a private family residence
- Good to excellent knowledge of Cape Town & surrounds.
- Good to excellent knowledge of Cape Town based suppliers to private residences. (all facilities)
- Professional qualifications (project management/HR/BCom would be a plus)
- Comprehension of flexible working hours as required.
- Organizational Skills _ with references making special mention of this skill.
- Managerial Skills _ with proven track record of this skill.
- Staff Training Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Prioritising Skills
- Administrative experience (qualification would be a plus)
- Presentable, Neat, Professional, Friendly & Tidy.
- Fondness of children & good interpersonal skills would be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of staff, staff roster, scheduling, duties and recording.
- Housekeeping & Gardener duties & responsibilities management at all times.
- Skills development & service improvement for all staff members.
- Sourcing, recruiting & hiring of staff members & third party suppliers.
- Overall security implementation & management of the properties.
- Property Representative & family ambassador during family absence and at all times.
- Property Maintenance management, reporting, scheduling & minor repair.
- Property Supplier management, reporting, scheduling & correspondence.
- Property Services management, reporting, scheduling & correspondence.
- Property Facilities management, reporting, scheduling & correspondence.
- All logistics prioritizing for property services, family arrivals & departures.
- Preparation for events, receptions & entertainment when required. (logistics & staff & hands-on)
- Full responsibility for property function & facilities with hands on approach to service delivery.
- Full management function of human resources, their duties & responsibilities.
- Financial Administration & communications for reporting back to principal on all aspects.
- Prioritizing staffing requirements matched with current use of properties at any particular time.
- Implementation of structure in human resources within the private home.
- Overall Estate, property and staff function management and responsibility at all times.
- Property management of short term rental unit, in addition to family residence management.
- Live Out position
- Company Vehicle may be provided
- Schedule will be flexible ( 8 to 10 hours per day, 6 days per week)
- Overtime may be required (equal remuneration or off time to accommodate)
- Remuneration will be negotiated according to a candidates qualifications, experience and will be very competitive.
Ad reference : 709 SA