Housekeeper/Cook Job and Vacancy
A professional family residing in Parktown North, Johannesburg, South Africa require the employment of a long term housekeeper with household management experience and cooking certification.
The candidates extensive experience in working in a large private residence, with full management responsibilities and cooking will be utilized to its full potential within this excellent opportunity. Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package. The candidate will only be required to work 3 days per week in this permanent placement.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: schedule repairs, vendor and contractor relations
- Extensive experience in similar position within a large private family residence
- Qualifications and experience in domestic and cooking ability
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and guest requests
- Service orientated and highly skilled
- Drivers Licence a Requirement
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning check list as record of work done
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows
- Organizing and scheduling
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicates
- VIP wardrobe management
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management, grocery list and shopping
- Vendor supervision and scheduling
- Running errands
- Maintaining and purchasing of up-to-date household product inventories (food, cleaning supplies, medications etc)
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Supervision of contract workers and gardeners
- Assisting in the preparation of meals
- Deep cleaning
- General home maintenance log and schedule of repairs
- Guest room preparation for expected guests
- Packing and unpacking luggage for family and guest arrivals and departures.
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper/manager in a private residence
- Cooking and Housekeeping qualifications and/or experience for more than 3 years
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs 3 days a week.
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Live Out
- Vehicle Provided for working days.
- Full time contract placement with 1 month trial period
Good Salary, to be discussed