Domestic Couple Job and Vacancy
The owners of the residence located near Bordeaux are looking for a domestic couple/married retired couple to assist in caring for the estate to another couple that serves the property constantly during the absence of the owners.
The main duty is to take care of the estate and to ensure its security for 2 weeks without weekends, around the clock (120 days per year or 2 working weeks per month). The principals rarely visit the estate, only 2-3 weeks a year, only when children have their school holidays.
Owners require a responsible trustworthy married couple that knows their responsibilities. Candidates should be of high morals, discreet and able to respond quickly.
Working hours will be determined in advance, according to the calendar: 2-week holiday comes after every 15 working days.
An accommodation, food and parking is provided for the domestic couple. The domestic couple that cares for the territory all year round currently works in the estate. Owners also require from the couple to provide them with valid references from previous employers.
- Good French
- Experience in taking care of a private estate
- Retired couple, with no children, who is looking for an extra income
- Modest, smiling couple with a good sense of humour
- Couple able to cooperate harmoniously
- Friendly couple, loving what they do
- Willingness to be proactive
- Compliance with the privacy terms of employers (agreement of non-disclosure of confidential
- Responsible, proficient in their work
- Work experience and valid references from previous employers
- Driving license
Duties and responsibilities
- Cooking delicious family food (for a maximum of 6-8 people)
- Table serving
- Grocery shopping
- Purchasing of cleaning products
- Care of silverware and copper items
- Change of bed linen
- Caring for curtains and washing windows
- Furniture care
- Laundry of bed linen
- Laundry and ironing of clothes of the house owners and their guests
- Managing budgets and stocking the house
- Reporting about expenses as well as budget planning
- Cleaning the workplace and tools
- Minor repair housework and painting
- Maintenance of the property
- Ensuring the safety of the estate and control of the alarm system
- Ensuring the safety of valuable items in the house
- Bypassing the territory, closing the shutters and gates is a must
- Household work
15 working days per month, 24 hours a day
This is a permanent position, with a trial period of 1 month which may be extended.
- 1500 - 2000 euros net per month, depending on experience (2 working weeks per month)
- Additional benefit: health insurance is completely paid by the employer
- Accommodation is provided in the estate (a room + bathroom, shared living room and kitchen)
Furnished room and bathroom is provided in the estate. One bedroom, shared bathroom (with another domestic couple), TV room and kitchen on the ground floor.
The accommodation is provided only during work time. The couple should have their own accommodation to stay during
Couple will be allowed to use a car provide by the employer