House Manager Job Offer and Vacancy
VVIP family is looking for a House manager to manage their restored manor / palace, located in the heart of Paris. Start - February 15, 2016.
The family is looking for a manager with an extensive experience in estate, palace management and management of other buildings, as well as in staff management in case the family is in or out of home.
The candidate must have 10- 15 years of experience in managing large estates, palaces or diplomatic residences.
Family usually spends in Paris a few months a year. That is why the candidate should be ready to host the family and their attendants (about 30 domestic staff + guests) and ensure compliance with the family protocol.
Family can also arrange appointments and invite dignitaries, VIPs or politicians in the absence of a manager.
- 10-15 years of experience in managing a large estate or a palace of VIP-family
- Driving license
- Command of French and English
- Discretion (Compliance with the conditions of the non-disclosure of confidential information and passing security service clearance before being hired)
- Clean criminal records
- Flexibility and the ability to be always available
- Decent appearance
- Relevant experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with the technical equipment of a large estate
- Checkable references
Duties and responsibilities
House Manager of a Palace/Large estate has the following duties and responsibilities
- Host the family and their guests
- Palace/large estate management (house manager)
- Monitoring the supply of all buildings (electricity, gas, water ...)
- Collaboration with security in safety issues
- Management of estate constructions and care appliances
- Financial Management (handling of the annual budget and the daily financial affairs of the estate)
- Supplies and employees controll
- Arrange different events and appointments (employees control)
- Monthly report to the PA/Secretary of the principle
- Silverware care (inventory)
- Fill up the wine cellar and ensure proper care of valuables
- Monitoring the floral decoration of the estate and the work of gardeners
- Compliance with the rules of family etiquette
- Coach domestic staff to care for the palace/estate
- Conduct an accounting of valuables
- Liaise between the private office and accounting department
- Receiving phone calls and correspondence
- Meet the family guests
- Schedule is to be agreed with the client
- Schedule flexibility depends on family and family’s guests visits.
About 5 000 euros net per month
Beautiful new house with entrance hall, fully equipped kitchen, private office, 2/3 bedrooms.
With a separate entrance. Possible to reside as a couple.
Permanent position, with a trial period of 1 month. Start - February 2016