Job and Vacancy Residential & Private Executive Assistant
A professional young American family with a family home in the Southern Suburbs of, Cape Town, South-Africa requires an organised, energetic, detail-oriented, driven, personable and creative individual to be appointed as their Residential Personal Assistant and Household Property Manager to join their family’s personal & business environment.
The appointment will require a person who can successfully manage the owner’s time, resources, home activities, lifestyle schedule and household staff.
The most suitable candidate would have worked in a similar environment where family and business combine in a seamless interaction between parents, children, VVIP guests and extended family members.
Vacancy duties and responsibilities
The role involves, but is not exclusive to :
- Family Personal Admin: Implementing instructions and tasks as required, obtaining information, doing research, sourcing quotes, following up on outstanding issues, following up on payments / refunds, running errands, FICA / RICA etc.
- Personal Appointments / Arrangements / Bookings: E.g. hair, beauty, family photo shoots, restaurants, venues etc.
- New contacts, new service providers etc.
- Staff: Sourcing and managing staff, e.g. cook, domestic, gardener etc. at different residences / properties in South Africa
- Staff Payroll Duties: scheduling, shifts, wages, taxes, UIF etc.
- Property Administration: Maintenance, appliances, electronics, furniture, repairs, supplier liaison, DSTV, service providers, assistance with building projects as needed, reports of faults / billing issues e.g. Eskom, municipality, etc. for all residences / properties. Traveling to residences as needed.
- Cell phones and Telkom: New cell phones, contracts, new installations, faults / issues with phones / hardware / software, International Roaming etc.
- Building Contractors: Assist with personal admin and Business Contractors registrations, certificates, compliance, filing etc.
- Travel Arrangements: Domestic and International holidays, flights, accommodation, car hire, visas, travel agents etc.
- Vehicle Administration: Arrangements for services / maintenance / repairs, quotes, all licensing and vehicle registrations etc.
- Health: Medical Aid administration, Doctors, physio, chiro, scripts, medicine, appointments etc.
- Firearms: Anything related e.g. licensing, sales etc.
- Jewellery: Anything related e.g. evaluations, repairs etc.
- Branding: Procuring branded merchandise and clothing for all companies, e.g. samples, quotes, logos, branding requirements, payments, delivery etc.
- Functions: Plan and co-ordinate all business functions, e.g. team building, year-end function, small office functions / braai’s and office photo shoots etc.
- Gifts: Occasion cards and signing thereof, procuring year-end gifts (staff and clients), Mother’s Day, Birthdays etc. Secretaries / Spring Day Gifts
- Purchases and Suppliers: Sourcing, price checking, buying, returns, exchanges etc.
- Deliveries and collections: Post, track and receive parcels, courier arrangements etc.
- General Admin: Emailing, phoning, maintaining records, filing, scanning, printing, errands, collections, deliveries, typing when needed etc.
Personal Skills / Attributes :
- Flexibility and multi-tasking is a priority for this appointment, with the ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
- Prioritizing workloads and tasks with an eye for detail regardless of the time & pressure.
- Work and presentation must be extremely organized and meticulous at all times.
- Self-driven and results-oriented persons will suit this appointment best.
- The ability to take direction and work from a brief is important.
- Friendliness & professionalism at all times.
- A focussed “can do all” personality with good communication skills and an eagerness to manage the entire operation of time & services.
- English first language with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to draft letters and reports on behalf of the owners to a high standard of English. Microsoft Office software - PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to manage, train and hire household staff
- Project management skills – from start to finish
- Driver’s licence and a perfect driving record.
- Similar position or related skills required in various previous positions.
- Good condition
Personal Assistant Salary
Salary offering proportionate with your skills and experience.
Ad reference: 1179 SA
Post on 15/11/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International