Job and Vacancy Housekeeper/Cook
A VIP Principal and his family who resides in , Pretoria, South Africa requires the services of a very experienced and qualified housekeeper for their private residence & family compliment of 4 family members.
The candidate will be in charge of all the housekeeping requirements of the home on a permanent basis with full housekeeping, deep cleaning, laundry and ironing responsibilities together with dinner preparation for the family. A high level of cleanliness, hygiene, security and confidentiality will be expected at all times.
The principal’s children may require small lunches to be prepared on occasion, however dinner will be part of the main duties & responsibilities.
Full VIP housekeeping requirements to a very high standard are expected for both the family and guests.
Vacancy duties and responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning check list & record
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
- Organizing and scheduling cleaning routines
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicates
- VIP wardrobe management
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management & grocery list for cleaning supplies.
- Vendor supervision and reporting to estate manager
- Running errands
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Supervision & team work with housekeepers, gardeners & kitchen staff
- Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
- Bed making to hotel standard
- Turn down service to hotel standard
- Packing and unpacking luggage for guest arrivals and departures _ when required.
- Lunch preparation or occasional kitchen assistance _ when required.
- Menu creation for the week
- Recipe perception and understanding _ for special requests
- Grocery and Inventory grocery lists
- Cooking dinner on a daily basis
Candidat Profile requirement
- 5 years' experience working as a housekeeper in a private residence/luxury hotel
- Fluent English
- Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with experience working in a luxury residence/hotel
- Extensive experience in similar position within a large private family residence or boutique hotel
- Qualifications and experience in domestic housekeeping
- Flexible and able to accommodate manager and guest requests
- Service orientated and highly skilled
- Additional certificates would be a plus
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private accommodation is included _ within the property
- Full time placement with 3 months trial period
To be disccussed
Ad reference: 1184 SA
Post on 25/11/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International