House Manager Job Offer and Vacancy
A professional family with a busy schedule residing in Cape Town-Boland, South-Africa requires an organised, energetic, detail-oriented, driven, personable and creative individual to act as their Personal Assistant/House Manager to join their families personal & business environment.
The position requires assistance in the successful management of the owner’s time, resources, home, house staff and children as well as handling all personal administrative tasks, and the running of her house’s services both when the family are in residence and abroad.
The role involves, but is not exclusive to :
- Management of grocery lists, personal errands and administration of the home’s requirements & services.
- Travel arrangements & itinerary management for both private & business engagements.
- Accurate diary keeping with timeous notifications of all engagements _ private & business.
- Staff scheduling, rostering, wages and management within the private residence in accordance to daily & special occasion requirements.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required for operations & personal needs.
- Taking full management & responsibility for personal accounts, petty cash, budgets and banking.
- Managing children’s schedule and appointments as well as transport requirements to and from activities and engagements.
- Meal & menu planning, in accordance to budget & dietary restraints.
- Managing the cooking & meal preparation by appointed cook.
- Management of third party suppliers, as first point of contact for enquiries, quotations, invoicing and requests for payment.
- Management of relationship with all service providers including all associated communications, correspondence, report writing and data management.
- Able and flexible to house sit & care for owner’s dogs and cats when abroad.
- Prepared to live in and care for home & children in the principal’s absence.
- Managing, hiring and training household staff if and when required.
- Managing a maintenance schedule and report on work completed.
- English first language with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to draft letters and reports on behalf of the owners to a high standard of English. Microsoft Office software - PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to manage, train and hire household staff Project management skills – from start to finish
- Driver’s license and a perfect driving record Must be older than 25 years of age
- Experience with MS Office and ability to generate reports + graphs in basic bookkeeping.
- One to two years’ experience as a personal assistant, preferably to an executive.
- Matric is a necessity
- Studying toward or completed degree/diploma in business administration, marketing or commerce
Personal Skills / Attributes :
- Flexibility and multi-tasking is a priority for this appointment, with the ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
- Prioritizing work loads and tasks with an eye for detail regardless of the time & pressure.
- Work and presentation must be extremely organized and meticulous at all times.
- Self-driven and results-oriented persons will suit this appointment best.
- The ability to take direction and work from a brief is important.
- Friendliness & professionalism at all times.
- Must appreciate and enjoy dealing with children _ 3 boys between the ages of 11 and 20. (very active)
- Prepared to engage with children on relevant activities (homework, sport, reading)
- A focussed “can do all” personality with good communication skills and an eagerness to manage the entire operation of time & services.
- Salary offering proportionate with your skills and experience.
Ad reference : 830 SA