Estate Manager Job
A lovely and relaxed family based in England is looking for a reliable and experienced Estate Manager to organise and manage their part-time residence in Miami, Florida, USA.
The family visit the property on a seasonal basis, it could be for a few months or only a couple of weeks, usually over the Christmas period.
The house has 12 bedrooms but usually no more than 6 people occupy the house at one time. The Estate Manager will supervise and manage around 10 people in total (5 housekeepers and 2 housemen who work in the property throughout the year, and 3-4 butlers who come for a season).
The estate manager will report to the family office in the UK.
Start: As soon as possible. This is a permanent post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and maintaining Management systems
- Signing off expenditure
- Cost Analysis
- Household budgets and inventory of supplies
- Overseeing house inventories
- Schedule and oversee all contractor bookings
- Organising the duties and schedules of all domestic staff, staff training
- Liaising with PA/Family Member/Transport
- Maintenance plan - To check and ensure house maintenance has been scheduled and put in place for each season
- Hiring/Firing (HR)
- Quality control
- Uniform for staff, relevant to specific seasons /climate
- Boat logistics
- House budgeting/accounting preparation
- Logistics when moving House
- Implementing peak/off peak staff placement procedure
- Staff training
- Monitoring of staff accommodation
- Responsible for family assets inventory during transit
- Create portfolio of all information regarding the family and maintaining including taking pictures of house standards
- Create a contact database for meal bookings and entertainment for the family and guests
- Ensure all insurance policies and necessary contracts are in place
- Strong background, experience in a similar position
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to provide high standard service
- Person with good connections (knows suppliers and contractors in the area)
- Able to work autonomously without much supervision
- Strong managerial skills
- All-rounder, hands-on person
- Driving licence
- Allowed to work in the USA
The position is live out but accommodation may be provided for the probation period (3 months).
Schedule and Salary: Negotiable, to be discussed with the client
Ad reference 828 LD