Chef Cook Job
A lady based near Evreux in Normandy, France, which is about 1-1/2 hours from Paris, France is looking for a Chef Cook.
The Chef will be required to cook for dinner parties and receptions which the lady is planning to organise quite often during her visits to France.
Her guests mostly come from Paris.
The Chef will also cook for the lady on a daily basis, depending on her needs. The lady has no specific dietary restrictions or requirements, and she enjoys good food with excellent presentation.
The lady spends a lot of time in her house in Normandy, the atmosphere in the house is very informal, however the parties are formal and beyond perfect.
It is going to be a permanent live-in position, and the chef must enjoy living in a quiet, isolated place in the countryside.
At the moment there is an assistant, a head housekeeper, 2/3 housekeepers and 2 gardeners working in the house but no one lives in permanently.
There are three kitchens - one in the manor, one in the cottage where the chef would live and one outside kitchen by barbecue.
The right candidate will also be skilled in table setting and table service. The lady is very demanding about good cooking, good manners, and cleanliness.
The lady has 3 dogs and wants to be free to travel so the chef, as the only live-in member of staff, would have to like dogs and allow them to stay in their cottage when the lady is out of the residence.
- Experience in a similar position, preferably with longevity
- Able to speak English and French
- Driving licence
- Table setting and service skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Dog friendly
- Highly energetic and easy-going
- Tidy and organized
- Enjoy living in isolated areas
Duties and responsibilities
- Cooking for the lady when required
- Cooking for dinner parties and receptions
- Menu planning
- Grocery shopping
- Table setting and table service
- Tidying up the kitchen after use
- Looking after 3 dogs (2 males and 1 female) when the lady is travelling
- Taking care of 3 cars, keeping them clean, fuelled, etc.
- Travelling to Paris with the lady if needed
- Reporting directly to the lady or her assistant if requested by lady
- Running errands, performing other duties if required
Accommodation and Car
The Chef will live in a beautiful fully-furnished, recently renovated cottage. There are 3 cars on-site which the Chef would be free to use.
Full-time, permanent with a 2-month probation period (a temporary contract may be offered for the probation period).
Negotiable, depending on profile
Date of the beginning of the job
Ad reference: 675 LD