An Estate Manager in charge of the property portfolio for a Principal who owns a villa in Sandhurst, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa requires the services of a very experienced and qualified housekeeper for this 1 500 square meter home.
The candidate will be in charge of all the housekeeping requirements of the home on a permanent basis with additional staff joining the team during the Principals visits. A high level of cleanliness, hygiene, security and confidentiality will be expected at all times. The property currently employs a gardener and maintenance man on a permanent basis and thus staff scheduleing and management will be required.
Full vip housekeeping requirements to a very high standard are expected during Principal stays for both the family and guests.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with experience working in a luxury residence/hotel
- Extensive experience in similar position within a large private family residence or boutique hotel
- Qualifications and experience in domestic
- Flexible and able to accommodate manager and guest requests
- Service orientated and highly skilled
- Additional certificates would be a plus
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning check list & record
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
- (Organizing and scheduling cleaning routines—> Done by myself or housekeeper supervisor)
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicates
- VIP wardrobe management
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management & grocery list for cleaning supplies.
- Vendor supervision and reporting to estate manager
- Running errands
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Supervision & team work with housekeepers, gardeners & kitchen staff
- Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
- Bed making to hotel standard
- Turn down service to hotel standard
- Packing and unpacking luggage for guest arrivals and departures _ when required.
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper in a private residence/luxury hotel
- Fluent English
- Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private apartment within the property
- Full time placement with 3 months trial period
Ad reference: 673 SA