Estate Manager in Geneva, Switzerland
UHNW family is looking for an Estate Manager to manage their three properties located in the County of Geneva in Switzerland, in Saint Tropez and Chamonix in France.
The Estate Manager will be in charge of the management of three properties (administrative, financial, managerial and subcontractor management). He/she will be responsible for the quality of service and stays when the family visits one of their properties in collaboration with the on-site staff.
The Estate manager will be the control point, the trusted person and the principal contact person for the owner and the family office with the employees, the suppliers and the various external companies.
As a true conductor, he/she will also have to motivate, manage and organize the teams in the properties. The Estate Manager must be mobile to move between properties. The future candidate will take up his/her duties as from 1 of September 2017.
A great discretion will be requested from the candidate (confidentiality clause provided).
- Experienced as an Estate Manager on behalf of HNW or UHNW families (minimum 10 years, verifiable references)
- English and French speaking
- Good managing and negotiating skills
- Accounting skills for estimates and budgets
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Responsible and initiative
- Person with a sense of priorities
- Experience working in the luxury hotel industry will be a plus
- Flexible, able to visit with all the properties, liaise with personal
- Able to develop good database of subcontractors
- Person based near Geneva
- Driver's license
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing three properties
- Managing and controlling of expenses and costs (management of annual budgets)
- Regularly liaising with the family office and with the owners
- Performing administrative and tax management of properties
- Acting as a liaison between domestic workers and principles
- Managing of house staff (recruiting, training, planning, arranging meetings, keeping employee records, etc.)
- Communicating with external companies (pool maintenance, gardeners, construction companies) and managing their work
- Managing renovation projects or work related to the family and skilled trades
- Managing security and surveillance in conjunction with domestic staff
- Taking care of all overall building and equipment management (maintenance, management, technical maintenance)
- Organizing and/or participation in events
- Daily and monthly reporting to principles and the family office
- Managing subcontractors and suppliers (calling for tender, work monitoring, budgeting)
- Quotation request and billing management (in connection with the family office and principles)
- Coordinating with the teams within the properties
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the properties on a daily basis and the setting up before the arrival of the principles in their residences
- Providing concierge services, arranging of arrivals, logistics management (plane, driver, security), various reservations.
This is a live-out position.
Salary negotiable, depending on the profile and experience
Trial period - Contract Switzerland, trial period to be determined
- Full time (flexibility required)
Start – 1 of September 2017