Chef de Partie in Bordeaux Region, France
A dynamic and easy-going French Chef de Partie is required to work on a river cruise boat in Bordeaux region. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, speak fluent English and be comfortable conducting cooking classes for up to 10 passengers.
The chef de partie will cook classical French dishes, do the presentation and accompany the passengers to local markets in organised groups. The chef will be supported by an international team of cooks who will help with the necessary peeling, chopping, etc.
The duration of 1 class is approximately 1 hour.
The candidate will be provided with a separate room on the boat ( a passenger cabin).
The position is temporary with an immediate start and a work contract until the end of October 2017.
- French chef with very good knowledge of English
- Extrovert, creative personality with good manners
- Person who likes to work actively with passengers
- 2-3 years of experience as a chef de partie
- Ship’s/yacht experience is compulsory
Duties and responsibilities
- Visits to local markets together with the passengers
- Mise en place and execution of cooking classes
- Front cooking and support of the galley team
- Following the cooking class plans
3-4 days-off per month.
Working hours: 8-10 hours per day, flexible
High salary depending on experience.