Butler Job and Vacancy
A well mannered formal German family is looking for an experienced butler to work for their big house in Malibu, California, Los Angeles, US. The Principals provide a flat beside the house and own car for the butler. This is a full-time position.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Butler training
- Experience in formal service
- Fluent English (German will be a plus)
- Flexible, honest, discreet and reliable
- Driving licence
Duties and responsibilities
- Inviting and welcoming guests
- Taking care of guests’ needs
- Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence
- Taking care of pictures collection in the principles’ own gallery
- Preparing travel plans, luggage and documents
- Maintaining the principal’s wardrobe
- Serving breakfast, ensuring proper service at all times
- Recruiting and training other staff if required
- Managing of the housekeeping budget
- Event organisation
- Light housekeeping when necessary
This is a live-in position. Uniform provided.
Accommodation for the Butler will be provided.
Salary and Contract
High salary for the professional candidate.
Trial period – 1 month
- 5 days/week (Sunday – day off)
- Between 8-12 hours per day (depending on what is required)
- 8 am – 8 pm (flexible hours)
Start – mid April 2017