Butler Job and Vacancy
A butler is required for live-in position in a busy fully staffed household in Central London. The ideal candidate would be able to provide formal and informal service, feel comfortable greeting and serving dignitaries at receptions, have a positive outlook and travel with the family if required. The Butler will report to the Head Butler and work alongside 2 junior butlers.
· Experience for a private family
· Ability to provide formal service
· Fluent English
· Flexible and available
· Positive attitude
· Motivated and willing to work as part of a team
Duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times
- Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal wares
- Managing employers' wardrobes
- Managing stock and supply operations
- Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests
- Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
- Inviting and welcoming guests
- Helping with organisation of social events
- Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence
- Reporting to the Head Butler
- Subsituting fir the Head Butler is required
- Travelling with the family if required
The working hours will be discussed with the right candidate.
This is a live-in position, a separate bedroom with en-suite facilities will be provided.
The probationary period will be 6 months.
£ 30,000 gross per year