Domestic Couple Job and Vacancy
An experienced domestic couple is required to take care of a beautiful residence close to Aix-en-Provence in France. The house has 6-8 bedrooms with high-end bespoke furniture so the couple should be able to look after valuable items such as brass. The Principals travel extensively for work and are often away but the right candidates should know how to keep themselves busy in the Principals’ absence and do deep cleaning of the house, maintain the garden and the swimming pool, etc.
During the summer there are many guests in the house so the couple should be comfortable providing table service at a restaurant level.
The gentleman has to be a proper gardener and know how to drive a tractor, look after olive trees, make olive oil, etc. but at the same time he should be able to help with table service when there are guests in the house.
Sometimes the couple will be required to travel with the Principals to Switzerland in the winter where the position will be more domestic and involve cooking for the Principals and their guests, table service, airport runs, etc.
The couple will have to wear a uniform which will be provided by the Employers.
Date of the beginning of the job: 1st April 2017
· 3 years’ experience as a domestic couple
· Longevity in previous positions
· Driving license for both
· Strong cooking skills for the lady
· Excellent gardening skills for the gentleman
· Available to travel with the Principals if necessary
· Conversational English, French will be a plus
· Trustworthy and hardworking couple
· Computer literate and able to use Excel to prepare expenditure reports
· Presentable appearance
Duties and responsibilities of the Lady
· Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner (good presentation is important, Mediterranean cuisine with fresh local ingredients)
· Table setting and service
· Deep cleaning of the house
· Laundry and ironing
· Shopping for groceries, cleaning products and household items
· Looking after the vegetable garden
· Helping in the garden
· Running errands
· Expenditure reporting
Duties and responsibilities of the Gentleman
· Looking after a formal garden and an olive grove
· Working on a tractor
· Cutting and chopping wood
· Maintaining the swimming pool
· Maintaining gardening equipment
· Helping with table service
· Airport runs
9 hours per day with a 1-hour lunch break
Split shifts from 8.30 am to 1.30-2 pm and from 5 pm to 8 pm.
The shifts of the lady and the gentleman will not always coincide, especially in the winter.
Accommodation: a fully furnished 1-bedroom cottage with a new kitchen, own garden and a separate entrance.
Trial period 1 month
6 000 euros gross per month for the couple, may be negotiable