Housekeeper/Maid Job and Vacancy
Family is looking for an experienced housekeeper to look after their 5-bedroom house in Avignon, Luberon, Provence, France. The house may be extended, and 2 more bedrooms, reception room and gymnasium may be built later.
The family plan to spend around 6 months a year in their residence. This is a permanent live-in position with an immediate start. The right candidate must have a keen eye for detail, positive attitude and proven clean criminal record.
- 5-10 years’ experience in private properties or luxury hotels
- Fluent English and French
- Driving license
- Flexible and available
- Meticulous person, with a keen eye for detail
- Positive attitude
- Pet friendly
- Clean criminal record
Duties and responsibilities
- General cleaning of the house
- Household shopping
- Shopping for groceries if required
- Laundry and ironing
- Making beds, changing bed linen
- Turning down beds
- Being a point of contact with suppliers and contractors, especially when the principals are away
- Managing gardeners (1 head gardener and 2-3 gardeners come every week)
- Looking after 2 big dogs when the principals are away
- Minor house maintenance
- Some cooking when there are guests in the house
- Running errands
Around 8 hours per day, sometimes less
The candidate should manage her/his own schedule when the principals are away
Flexibility is required when the principals are in the property (4-6 months per year)
This is a live-in position. The employers provide a bedroom with a shower in the house (with separate entrance to the house), however later when the house is extended the candidate may have her/his own studio or 1-bedroom flat in a separate house in the territory of the estate.
Automatic car provided
Probationary period 3 months
Salary EUR 38 000 - 40 000 gross per year depending on experience.