Estate Manager Job and Vacancy
Private client is looking for an experienced Estate Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of his eight-bedroom residence (885 m2), located in Johannesburg, South Africa. Several housekeepers, a handyman and a gardener permanently work in the house.
The chef works only while the principal lives in the house (usually in summer and autumn time). Estate Manager should be ready to work on his /her own as well as in a team. This is a live in position.
- 3-5 years of experience managing private residences
- Fluent English, other languages as a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
- Good analytic, interpersonal, and management skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Trustworthy person
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete oversight of the large estate
- Daily care, management and oversight of the estate
- Ensuring that the property is being well maintained during the owner's absence
- Liaising with various technical, security services, vendors and contractors
- Monitoring the work of household staff (housekeepers, chef, gardener, handyman…)
- Maintaining the territory of the estate (indoor and outdoor pool, garden, terrace, irrigation systems)
- Financial management, including bill payments, budgets, reporting, etc.
- Planning and executing special events while the principal lives in the estate
- Assisting the chef in menu planning
Contract and Accommodation
An accommodation in the house is provided
High with benefits and bonuses