Private estate in Hampshire, England is looking for its experienced gamekeeper, responsible for the upkeep of animals bred for hunting and fishing.
If you are interested in the countryside and want a practical job working outdoors, if you are ready to work on your own for long periods of time, and in remote areas, in all weather conditions, this job would be perfect for you.
This is a permanent full-time position with a good accommodation.
- Experience as a gamekeeper in a private estate
- Experience of working outdoors
- Good knowledge of the countryside
- Carpentry skills would be a big plus
- Clean criminal records
- Certificates and qualifications from training centres or schools (Northern School of Game and Wildlife or Elmwood Campus of Scotland's Rural College would be a plus)
- Be physically fit
- Good organization skills
- Observation skills
- Understanding of working with animals and the natural environment
- Positive references from previous employers
Duties and responsibilities
- Advising and guiding hunting or fishing parties
- Assisting in hunt logistics, advising on effective hunting and fishing techniques
- Preparing, breeding, training and caring for hounds
- Preparing hunting equipment
- Preparing and maintaining hunting grounds
- Managing recruitment of beaters, runners and other assistants for the hunt
- Recording figures from hunts and fishing parties
- Protecting the grounds from vermin, scavengers and poachers
- Repairing and maintaining related equipment and buildings
- Maintaining and managing hunting grounds to favour growth and health of game
- Liaising with security and police forces to protect the grounds from criminal activity
The schedule is flexible, depending on the season and the job needed to do.
Good salary depending on the experience and results of the interview.
A fully furnished small house is provided.
Start – Early January 2016