A very active and energetic 70 year old respected and professional gentleman has created a new vacancy for a companion / carer to also take on the responsibility of Residential Personal Assistant on a daily basis. The property in based in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The role is to combine laughs, talks, daily schedules and excursions such as joining for an evening of dining out or the theatre with responsibilities such as meeting arrangements, arranging special occasions and representing the family & principal at all times.
The most suited candidate should be able outgoing, have a special personality for being the companion of an elderly person and the aptitude to also be meticulous in administration and keeping with his daily routine.
A middle aged female would be most suited to the role, having held this responsibility (or similar) in the past.
The role is live out, with very flexible hours and very high levels of confidentiality & security. No other general duties are included as the staff compliment of the manor include private chef’s, butlers, housekeepers, gardeners and chauffeurs. However making arrangements and getting along with other staff is essential.
The manor has three family members, with this role prioritising the requirements of the elder gentleman.
- 5 years’ experience working for private family / individual
- Used to working in an environment with Security Staff and many Personal Services Staff Members
- Driving License
- Fluent English (Afrikaans is a plus)
- Good organizational skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Loving and friendly character
- Interest in arts, excursions, music, reading, dining out, theatre and scenic drives would be a bonus.
Duties and responsibilities
- Helping the Principal with the daily routine when necessary
- Keeping the diary of the Principal
- Responsible for all the matters related to the Principals grooming and attire
- Arranging essential services within his environment with staff compliment (changing bed linen, moping, dusting, polishing)
- Arranging VIP wardrobe care with other staff compliment i.e laundry and ironing
- Taking care of men’s suits
- Managing all activities and logistics relating to the schedule & diary for the day, week, month.
- Answering phone calls
- Arranging light healthy food (breakfast, lunch, dinner and receptions) with private chefs
- Errands (personal to him only) when required, requested or assumed based on pro-activeness
- Driving the Principal to and from different appointments when chauffeur is not available _ alternatively arranging with chauffeurs for which vehicle, preparation of the vehicle etc.
- Always flexible for timing, schedule, evenings, weekends etc.
- Flexible schedule non-negotiable
- 1-6 days / week (overtime paid or given in hours off time)
- Long term position with loyalty a requirement
- This is a live-out position.
- Driving Licence not negotiable
- Benefits to be determined when interviewing candidates
Remuneration for the right candidate is very high and negotiable depending on the person’s previous income and experience on offer.
Start - ASAP
Ad reference : 1140 SA
Post on 09/09/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International