Travelling Butler in Porto Cervo, Sardinia
HNW family is looking for a Travelling Butler/Steward in Porto Cervo, Sardinia. The family travels worldwide between their yacht and private estate.
The further candidate will be the central point of communications with regards to Daily Routine, Owners Activities, F&B Service.
Assume the role of Maitre D’Hotel and central point of communication for the Principal and all on board hospitality operations and shore side activity coordination.
- Able to co-ordinate different tasks as well as be hands on dealing with all service-related requirements
- Previous experience being in direct contact with Principals and hosting guests
- 2-3 years’ Experience as a Butler or Lead service on a Yacht
- High end table service experience as well as organizing and running large dinners and events
- Excellent communicator and team player, able to juggle different forms of communication.
- Able to work alone without supervision and plan ahead for the coming days
- Experience in organizing the day for the principals and coordinating with external and internal departments
- Experience interacting and coordinating with service suppliers and consultants (beauticians, hairdressers, coaches and others)
- Administration and co-ordination experience and facility in keeping expenditures and planning agendas
- Strong ownership of tasks and projects delivered to the highest standard
- Fluent in English and another language such as German
- Must be EU National due to travel required
- A keen eye for details and a good capacity to adapt to any request or situation.
- Resilient to stress and able to handle requests in a professional and efficient manner.
- Understands concepts of privacy and confidentiality, invisible and available.
- Attention to detail
- Well groomed, clean at all times.
- Excellent public communication skills.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Well mannered.
Able to Travel with the family for longer periods of time between yachts and worldwide Estates as per Principal’s requirements. Working as part of a team of 3 persons.
Tasks and areas of responsibility
- Inventory and issuance of vitamins and nutrition supplements, maintaining supplement list bed side mise on place ( keep-ready) ; stock replenish when necessary
- Newspaper printout and distribution.
- Meal Service for the family, children and guest
- General knowledge of cocktails, hosting functions, and service with style and class.
- Chef interaction and information relay on current and planned activities and movements
- Shipboard information relay, keeping of daily schedule, ensure coordination of daily movements
- Restaurant bookings & particularities, research and communicate dress code, late last order policy, cancellation policy, etc.
- Owner’s and guest reception – Butler Meet & Greet at the Gangway to exchange information and requests.
- Co-ordinate and interact with an array of external service suppliers (teachers, coaches, beauticians) communicating with them daily and managing their presence based on the needs of the principals.
- Service supplier data base, recording regular rates, pre-agreed prices, preference information, service quality – valued regular service suppliers to ensure all changes and new agreements are up to date.
- Ordering upon owner’s request, organising purchases and order and deliveries of small to high value items, ensuring they are accounted for an and delivered promptly and stored correctly(with delegation and support from residence and vessels resources)
- Guest receipts – Ensure private orders and costs are accounted for and categorised obtaining approval when required.
- Annually salary 66-72 K annual (this is the bracket)
- 90 days leave annually
- Economy flights
- Accident, Medical and Life insurance as well as Accident cover for disability and death
- Accommodation and meals during working days on board or in residence
Ad reference: 1135 LD
Post on 16/08/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International