Hotel General Manager in Victoria, Seychelles
An UHNW individual and his family are seeking the employ of a hotel general manager for their New Private Luxury Boutique Hotel located on an island in the Seychelles.
The candidate/candidates will be responsible for the set-up and entire hotel operation & management, all staffing through Morgan & Mallet International and the entire property management aspect.
- Experience within the private yachting industry, either having worked as a crew manager or in another capacity that allows them to fully understand the demands and needs of a private yacht and the crew.
- A leader who can apply their skills hands on and lead from the front and through example.
- A host and ambassador for the property, able to be the face and present the property as their own hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities of the hotel manager / management couple
- Adhere to the quality standards and ensure customer satisfaction by promoting a lifestyle and a high quality atmosphere, in close collaboration with the Head Chef and the entire team. As this new property requires expert candidate attention for the set up and initial standard operating procedures, the first visit by the owner principal will be the first and most important task.
- Local operations (customer reception, accommodation, catering and bar, human resources (35 employees), enforce hygiene and safety rules, coordinate the supply chain, sales of derivative products and leisure activities), increase the occupancy rate and revenue by developing extra services (bar, restaurant, excursions, boutiques, development of entertainment products - birthdays, photo activities, etc).
- The hotel boasts a private mariner for the principal’s yacht and other smaller craft, making it essential that the candidate understands the aspects involved in marine yachting & docking and also has experience in UHNW yachting crew management.
- Harmoniously and ethically manage human resources (organisation, training, management), maintain good relations with local authorities and service providers & suppliers.
- General maintenance of the property and equipment, implementation and monitoring of preventive maintenance plan, facilitating general maintenance and, ensuring high quality standards
- Follow budgets, and liaise with the company owner and local service providers in relation to any works
- Daily financial management of the operation and monthly reporting according to the criteria of the company (meet the financial objectives in terms of turnover, costs and achieve profitability objectives).
Participate in the following activities (with the owner)
- Development of staff compliment, human recourses and scheduled structures.
- Management of all staff, staff scheduling and staff rosters.
- Optimisation of service delivery to the highest standards.
- Ensure excellent relations with the local population and follow the actions carried out on the island
- Organise the working time so that the missions set out above, and the related responsibilities, are perfectly executed.
- Experience as a hotel manager in luxury hotels
- Verifiable references
- Must be Fluent English (French or Italian will be a plus)
- Dynamic and sporty person
- Versatile and pro-active
- Available to live far away from home
- Able to adapt to local staff
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Accustomed to demanding and wealthy international clients
- Hotel Management experience (min 5 years and min 5 stars)
Excellent salary for an experienced candidate/candidates
Ad reference: 1122 SA
Post on 25/07/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International