Our client in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa, elderly husband & wife, require the services of a Professional Housekeeper to maintain their home, laundry, ironing, housekeeping duties and cooking requirements in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa.
In addition, the candidate will be required to fulfil some stand in care for the elderly couple when and if the appointed carer may be on leave or away.
As representative of the household, the housekeeper will be required to be mature, discreet and able to manage all duties and responsibilities to the highest standards.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to respect a schedule and organize the works
- Previous experience in either luxury hotels or private residences
- High level of experience cleanliness and laundry
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle e/o guests schedule including public holidays and weekends throughout the year.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised for long periods
- Written references confirming abilities in similar roles
- Eagerness to be employed on a long-term basis and commit to the appointment.
- Previous experience in a Jewish residence & family environment will be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain cleaning check list & record
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
- Follow the cleaning routine
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicate
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management
- Running basic errands
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Team work
- Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
- Prepare and keep the rooms as per 5* hotel standards
- Turn down service to hotel standard
- Report to the housekeeper supervisor
- Work within a team including gardener, chef, maintenance, housekeeper supervisor, estate manager when the house is occupied
- Breakfast, Lunch and occasional dinner preperations.
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper
- Fluent English
- Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus
- Significative experience
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the house needs
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private room within the property
- Full time placement with 3 months trial period
Ad reference 1108 SA
Post on 10/07/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International