Butler / Chef in Illovo, Sandton, South Africa
A professional business man residing in Illovo, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa requires the appointment of a flexible and presentable Butler, Chauffeur & Cook. The principal's extensive home is currently serviced by two housekeepers and an all round gardener & maintenance man. A Butler & Cook is required to join and lead this team for all services need in the private residence areas, business meeting areas and guest accommodation on the property.
A very flexible candidate who can commit to the role as Butler (both corporate & private to the principal), has proven experience & references on his or her cooking ability and has managed a private home in all aspect before may expect a very competitive remuneration package.
Varied duties including chauffeuring & catering for receptions are required over and above the normal day to day management of all services rendered in the home.
Professionalism, Qualifications, Experience and Confidentiality will be prioritized in the screening process and appointment.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Housekeeping, Cooking, Laundry & Ironing, Deep Cleans
- Extensive experience in similar position within a luxury private family residence
- High level of experience in a Housekeeping position with cooking ability
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and guests schedule
- Service orientated and highly skilled
- Certified Qualification and experience in house management/ hotel management / guest house management
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning cleaning schedule and tasks in different parts of the property
- Managing and scheduling periodical deep cleans, as well as daily cleaning of the property
- Managing a VIP wardrobe
- Managing laundry department
- Ensuring upkeep of porcelain, crystal, gold and silverware
- Maintaining and inventory of cleaning products and materials
- Flower arranging
- Overseeing stock and supply operations in regards to cleaning products and supplies
- Managing the purchase of fresh produce
- Maintaining and inventory of fresh produce
- Creating and cooking of weekly menu's
- Managing cleaning and upkeep of hygiene standards within the kitchen
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner preparation with short notice
- Dinner service duties during receptions and special occasions
- Geared towards general hygiene and cleaning standards set by family
- Managing of service providers and deliveries with security a priority
- Stock control
- Working within a budget, expense reporting and admin
- Client concierge and meet & greet services during and after office hours
- Chauffeur responsibilities when and where required during the daily schedule
- Room preparation to hotel standard based on principle and guests schedule
- Experience working as a Butler in a boutique hotel or private residence
- Fluent English (Portuguese would be a plus)
- Cooking and Housekeeping experience - with Certificates
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
Very good salary for the most suitable candidate.
All travel expenses, meals and accommodation may be included.
Own vehicle _ for which maintenance and travel will be covered.
Completely flexible schedule _ in accordance to the Principal's requirements with short notice
Start – ASAP
Ad Reference: 679 SA