Butler in London, United Kingdom
A formally trained Under Butler is required for live-in position in a busy fully staffed household in Central London. The ideal candidate would be able to provide formal and informal service, feel comfortable greeting and serving dignitaries at receptions, have a positive outlook and travel with the family if required. The Under Butler will report to the Head Butler and work alongside a junior butler.
· Butler training with positive references from the butler school
· Ability to provide formal service
· Experience for private families
· Fluent English
· Flexible and available
· Ability to travel with the family if required
· Positive attitude
· Motivated and willing to work as part of a team
Duties and responsibilities
· Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
· Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times
· Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal wares
· Managing and maintaining employers' wardrobes (ensuring clothes are washed, pressed and arranged, shoes polished etc.)
· Preparing luggage, packing / unpacking if required
· Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars etc.
· Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
· Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests
· Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
· Inviting and welcoming guests
· Helping with organisation of social events
· Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence
· Reporting to the Head Butler
· Travelling with the family if required
The working hours will be discussed with the right candidate.
This is a live-in position, a separate bedroom with en-suite facilities will be provided.
The probationary period will be 6 months.
High salary for the right candidate depending on experience and qualifications.