Professional Butler & House Manager in Cape Town, South Africa
A family estate in Cape Town, South Africa, require the appointment of a Professional Butler/House Manager to manage the household staff, housekeeping budget, stock and supply operation, and supervise the upkeep of the entire property and its services.
In addition, this very demanding but very rewarding position, requires the Butler to always be at the disposal of his/her employer for a range of important duties.
As sole representative of the household staff, the Butler will be required to step into any staff position in the home during cases of absence or emergency.
A very competitive remuneration package will be offered to the candidate with the highest qualifications and level of experience.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication.
- Honest and trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage the entire smooth running of the home & family estate.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence with contactable
- High level of experience in Valet, Butler, House Manager and Service positions.
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule including public holidays and
- Certificate Qualifications for Household or Hospitality Butler.
- Drivers Licence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table service for breakfast, lunch and evening meals; preparing dinging tables in accordance to the theme of the reception (formal, informal, buffet, family or silver service).
- Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal ware.
- Managing and maintaining employer's VIP wardrobe (ensuring timely washing, pressing, arranging,
folding and packing).
- Preparing travel plans, itinerary and luggage.
- Preserving and managing security for private art & valuable collections.
- Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars and weaponry.
- Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays throughout the home.
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests.
- Recruiting and training household staff.
- Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories or supplies and valuables.
- Inviting and welcoming guests, with an aptitude for guest relations.
- Establishing and keeping to workable estate budgets in collaboration with the employer.
- Plan meals and review with the principal on a weekly basis.
- Preparation of meals of a high standard as and when required, based on the weekly menu.
- Serving food & beverage, ensuring proper service at all time in relation to the reception theme and ambiance.
- Organizing social events and arranging specific details for receptions.
- Liaising with financial and accounting staff with reporting responsibilities.
- Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence.
- Complete and total house schedule management.
- Management of household staff compliment, in terms of scheduling, leave, appointment and duties.
- Financial & completed duty reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Management of third-party suppliers and vendors.
- Managing and doing laundry as per daily schedule and requirements.
- Managing and doing ironing as per daily schedule and requirements.
- 3 years' experience working as a Butler/Household Manager in a private residence Certificate Qualification for Butler (Household or Hospitality)
- Fluent English + additional African language
- Additional housekeeping / cooking / laundry skills will be advantageous
- Driving Licence
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs - max 45 hour week + 15 hours overtime. Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays
- Use of a company vehicle.
- Based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Full time placement with 3 month probation period
Ad reference 1078 SA
Post on 03/06/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International