What is a Private Teacher / Tutor ?
A tutor is a personalised educational support for a child or adolescent, designed to enable them to succeed better academically. This role demands qualified individuals to teach students on a one-to-one basis, on a single or multiple subject(s), with lessons generally taking place outside school hours and facilities.
Many cases require tutors be proficient and capable of teaching foreign languages, although parents may request other specialisations, such as mathematics or sciences, music, art, IT skills and many more.
The tutor is expected to design and conduct unique personalised lesson plans, help with school mandated homework assignments and exam preparation.
Their role is to help, encourage and guide the child(ren) until they have a good level of understanding and have improved their knowledge selected area(s) of study.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Private Tutor ?
- Coaching and motivating the student(s) to improve on or learn new skills
- Evaluating the student(s) and providing feedback on their progress and problem areas
- Helping the student(s) to overcome educational challenges
- Providing a holistic approach to education and development
All our private tutors are required to:
- Hold clean criminal records in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete professional dossiers containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements.
- Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
Morgan & Mallet International places and recruits private tutors for temporary, seasonal, or permanent contracts. Our recruitment consultants are always available to answer your questions.