Housekeeping jobs & vacancies in London
Find all our housekeeping jobs and vacancies in London below. You can also check all our housekeeping jobs all around the world.
"Our repeat client, a lovely family relocating to London (Marylebone), UK in August 2022, is looking for live-out nanny/all-rounder/Housekeeper..."
"Busy and travelling Kuwaiti family is looking to hire a live-out housekeeper for their 4 floors London mews house in Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom..."
The Best Ways to Find Housekeeping Jobs in London
If you want to get the best housekeeping jobs in this city, then do any of the following:
- Reach out to a Housekeeping Agency: Contact housekeeping or a cleaning agency in London and let them know you are interested in doing the job. Most often, housekeeping agencies already have jobs waiting for people to fill in. Also, the advantage of contacting a housekeeping agency is because they have a vast network. They can also contact other agencies to see if there is a vacancy. However, don't forget to read the housekeeping or cleaning agency's terms and conditions.
- Contact the Company Directly: Nothing stops you from sending your application to the company or home where you might want to work as a housekeeper. Some people prefer to hire a housekeeper directly, without any third party in between.
- Online Application: You can also search for housekeeping jobs in London online. Some companies or homes that need housekeepers place some adverts online.
However, the advantage of using an agency is enormous. You don’t need to make a direct application. The housekeeping agency will do all the search and call you when there is a vacancy. Note that some of the best housekeeping agencies require applicants to have some qualifications too.
Qualities you Need to get Housekeeping Jobs in London
Take it or leave it, the housekeeping industry in London is quite competitive. To become sought-after, you need to imbibe some qualities as a housekeeper. To stand out, you need to:
- Provide quality services: Make your customers satisfied at all times. The complaint damages your reputation, and you may not get referrals from your previous clients.
- Speed and efficiency: Completing your housekeeping task quickly and efficiently is another way to beat the competition and get referrals. Homeowners love housekeepers that work fast and deliver quality services too.
- Trustworthy: In the housekeeping job, trust is important. Don't forget, the homeowner may give you total access to their home. If after doing your housekeeping job and things get missing, you do not get too many clients. Therefore, you need to gain the trust of your employers.
- Lower Price: Reduce your price by a small margin to get more clients. When your fees are exceptionally high, you get limited housekeeping jobs.
Housekeeping requires more than just cleaning. You need to be trustworthy to retain your clients. Besides, housekeeping jobs in London are offered by wealthy people. Cameras could be watching while you do your housekeeping jobs. Finally, as a housekeeper in London, you can earn thousands of pounds annually.