Butler, Johannesburg, South Africa
An executive and his team require the in house services of a corporate host & valet to the butler with extensive hospitality / guest services experience within the exclusive private VIP entertainment venues within their business. VIP corporate guests, friends and clients are entertained in a private VIP suite within the company premises - allowing each visitor to this exclusive area to receive the highest level of attentive and personalised service.
This five star venue is managed as a private lounge, spa and meeting place for clients, with modern and up to date facilities as expected in a fine boutique hotel. The service level and hosting services rendered require a strong, modern, silver service orientated individual with a flair for presentation in all respects. A very competitive remuneration package will be offered to the candidate with the highest qualifications and level of experience.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication.
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage the entire smooth running of the venue, service staff and services offered.
- Extensive experience in guest relations, hospitality and food preparation within a fine dining hospitality setting.
- High level of experience in Valet, Hosting, Floor Manager and Service positions.
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and guests schedule including public holidays and weekends.
- Certificate Qualifications in Guest Relations preferable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing correct greeting procedures, guest services and guest request protocol is followed at all times.
- Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal ware.
- Assisting the butler with maintaining employer's VIP wardrobe & facility laundry requirements (ensuring timely washing, pressing, arranging, folding and packing)
- Preparing venue areas for receptions as per instruction from the Butler.
- Preserving and managing security for private art & valuable collections.
- Taking stock and supply, in particular of high value commodities and reporting to the Butler directly.
- Ensuring guest requests are communicated to the correct departments.
- Understanding, promoting and defending "household-style" protocols among staff and guests.
- Working within a team and reporting all activities directly to the Butler.
- Assisting with exhaustive, up-to-date inventories or supplies and valuables.
- Welcoming guests, with an aptitude for guest relations.
- Serving food & beverage, ensuring proper service at all time in relation to the reception theme and ambiance. (flair for presentation)
- Serving at social events and arranging specific details for receptions.
- Taking telephone calls, proper handling of correspondence.
- Complete and total facility cleaning & hospitality schedule.
- 3 years' experience working as a Butler/Household Manager in a corporate environment
- Certificate Qualification for Guest Relations (Hospitality)
- Fluent English + additional African language
- Additional housekeeping / cooking / laundry skills will be advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the high level of discretion required.
- Extra information
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the business operating hours and employers needs - max 45 hour week.
- Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate. (R7,000 - R8,500)
- Full time placement with 1 month trial period