Head Housekeeper Job
A HNW family based in Bryanston, Johannesburg, South Africa require the appointment and services of a long-term Head Housekeeper to ensure the constant top cleanliness of their upmarket property.
The candidates must have experience in private residences of a high calibre and be versed in high standards.
The family have a toddler, and a new born due in January 2019. They require the Head Housekeeper to manage all laundry, ironing, housekeeping, grocery purchases, errands and some light cooking to the highest standards completely hands on. When the nanny is on a day off or on leave, some light care for the toddler may be required.
· Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
· Honest and Trustworthy with a pro-active mind set
· Detail oriented with the ability to respect a schedule and organize the works
· Previous experience in private residences with children
· High level of experience cleanliness and laundry
· Flexible and able to accommodate principle e/o guests schedule including public holidays and weekends throughout the year.
· Proven ability to work unsupervised for long periods
· Written references confirming abilities in similar roles
· Eagerness to be employed on a long-term basis and commit to the appointment.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintain cleaning check list & record
· Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
· Follow the cleaning routine
· Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicate items
· Simple sewing and repair to clothing
· Household inventory management
· Running basic errands
· Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
· Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
· Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
· Team work
· Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
· Prepare and keep the rooms as per specified standards
· Report to the principal
· Work within a team including the nanny.
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper
- Fluent English, French is a plus
- Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus
- Significative experience
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the house needs
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private room within the property
- Full time placement with 3 months trial period
Ad reference : 998 SA
Post on 04/01/2019 by Morgan & Mallet International