Our regular client is looking for a Live-in Russian-speaking Housekeeper / Cook to work in a 1000 m2 castle located in a beautiful area of a historic French region of Brittany, France.
The owner lives in Moscow and only spends around 1-2 months per year in the property. His parents and other family members visit from time to time as well. The right candidate must be willing to live most of the time alone in the castle. The client prefers to hire one person but he may consider a couple too.
Housekeeper/Cook will be responsible for keeping the castle clean & tidy at all times and preparation of meals for the owner, his family and guests when they visit.
There is also a house manager and a gardener working on the estate (they live out).
The start of the job is in June 2019.
- Experience in private properties
- Fluent Russian, knowledge of French will be a plus
- Driving license
- Good table service skills
- Cooking skills
- Neat and tidy person
- Good manners
- Eligible to work in France
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that the castle is clean and tidy at all times
- Cleaning all the bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.
- Laundry and ironing
- Table setting and table service (informal but elegant)
- Cooking home-style meals (Russian cuisine, etc.)
- Clearing up the table, washing the dishes
- Making shopping lists
- Liaising with the House Manager, Gardener and contractors
- Purchasing of groceries and household items
Flexible – when the owner and his guests are in the property, the Housekeeper/Cook will have to work without days-off. In the employers’ absence, the employee has to manage their own time.
A separate room in the castle and a car will be provided.
In case of hiring a couple, the client can provide a separate flat on the estate.
€ 2,000 net per month for a Housekeeper/Cook. The salary for a couple will be negotiable.
Ad reference 996 RU
Post on 11/12/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International