Facilities / Grounds Manager Job
A professional family with a busy schedule residing in Cape Town-Boland, South-Africa requires an organised, energetic, detail-oriented, driven, personable and creative individual to take care of their property as a Facilities/Grounds Manager.
The position requires assistance in the successful management of the property grounds, gardening, vineyards, buildings, maintenance, vehicle upkeep, furnishings and the running of the house’s services both when the family are in residence and abroad.
The role involves, but is not exclusive to :
- Maintaining and developing the garden
- Planting new trees, flowers and various plants
- Seeding plants and watering them at the correct times
- Mowing the lawn
- Pruning shrubs
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the garden
- Making sure that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced
- Cleaning of the pool
- Running errands
- Managing all technical maintenance of the house (heating, central air conditioning, electrical system, etc ...)
- Controlling the expenses and monitoring the work of contractors
- Keeping maintenance journals
- Managing of home automation and lighting
- Performing simple repair of small household appliances
- Minor repair works (painting, troubleshooting, minor repairs...)
- Caring for the technical equipment: computer equipment, phones, iPhone, iPad, laptop, TV, stereo, printer ...)
Personal Skills / Attributes
- Flexibility and multi-tasking is a priority for this appointment, with the ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
- Prioritizing workloads and tasks with an eye for detail regardless of the time & pressure.
- Work and presentation must be extremely organized and meticulous at all times.
- Self-driven and results-oriented persons will suit this appointment best.
- The ability to take direction and work from a brief is important.
- Friendliness & professionalism at all times.
- Must appreciate and enjoy dealing with children _ 3 boys between the ages of 11 and 20. (very active)
- Prepared to engage with children on relevant activities (homework, sport, reading)
- A focussed “can do all” personality with good communication skills and an eagerness to manage the entire operation of time & services.
- Experience of working for Private Families or in hospitality industry
- Availability and flexibility
- Confident user of the internet and the latest technologies
- Flexible character
- Good reputation
- Compliance with the conditions of the non-disclosure of confidential information
- Sense of responsibility
- Good quality of work
- Skills in minor repairs
- Driving license category B
- Without bad habits (non-smoker)
Salary offering proportionate with your skills and experience.
Ad reference 857 SA
Post on 30/08/2018 by Morgan & Mallet International