Butler Job and Vacancy
A well-mannered and pro-active Butler/Majordomo is required to support a renowned ski and resort fashion family based near Denver, in Vail, Colorado, US. The butler will be working in an elegant alpine home in the mountain paradise of Vail, Colorado.
The house consists of 4 bedrooms, including the master bedroom, and is lived in only by two healthy and active 79-year-old principals who still work all day, along with their Bernese mountain dog, there are no children at home.
Both principals work each day at the corporate office one mile from home so the home is quiet during the days with no one to attend to except for in the mornings and evenings and at noon when they come home for lunch and dinner.
However, the principals host international guests and college-age grandchildren in their three guests rooms and entertain as often as two nights a week.
Throughout the festive seasons (Christmas and Easter), the family hosts elegant family celebrations so starting from November the household is particularly busy.
There is one full-time housekeeper already on staff, and an on-call chef who cooks for family celebrations.
The ideal candidate for this employment opportunity must enjoy the elegant European alpine lifestyle, is highly anticipative and pro-active, and loves organizing the lives of the principals.
The ability to cook and serve and have a love of the culinary arts is essential.
The principals are warm, kind, caring, generous and endearing people with a wonderful joie de vivre, sense of humor, and beautiful family with whom they are very close.
Start: Ideally before October 1st.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for meal preparation (coffee and eggs breakfast, light cold lunch, and dinner – home-style healthy meals, mainly Italian, German,
· Suggesting dishes for the menu
· Dinner service
· Grocery shopping
· Assist with organizing events (choose wine, review guest lists, etc)
· Oversee one full-time housekeeper
· Assist with luggage (packing/unpacking)
· Manage household budgets
· Manage relations with vendors
· Supervise external contractors (gardeners, plumbers, etc)
· Oversee the family Ranch when the family is in residence there in the Rocky Mountains for select weekends in the summer
· Experience in a similar position
· Hotel or ski chalet background will be a plus
· Driving licence
· Polished, warm, educated, confident, sophisticated, worldly, kind, nurturing person
· Able to cook healthy meals
· Able to provide table service (family style/ plated service/ silver service depending on occasion)
· Discreet person
· Allowed to work in the USA
Between $85,000 to $100,000 depending upon experience and background.
The employers would provide lovely living accommodation in a detached 1,500 sq ft private residence adjacent to the main house.
Housing and automobile are provided as well as benefits above-and-beyond the base compensation identified above. As well, healthcare insurance is also provided. A vehicle will be provided for full-time personal and professional use.
Employment opportunities within the family ski and/or fashion business are available to a spouse if interested.
Ad reference : 849 LD
10/08/2018 - Morgan & Mallet International