Estate Manager Job
An experienced Estate Manager is required to manage a 20,000 sqft traditional home situated on a 200 acre lot with a 1-mile driveway in Ontario, Canada.
There are 6-8 permanent staff on the estate, the Owners and guests normally in residence for a total of 8-16 weeks per year; very little and low-key entertainment.
Key Duties: Overseeing the day to day management of the Estate as the team leader for the Housekeeper(s), Maintenance staff, Chef, Grounds staff, and Independent Contractors (when working on special projects). Reporting to the Owners.
Start: As soon as possible.
This is a full-time position.
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- be very detail oriented;
- be well versed in using Microsoft Word, and Excel, as well as an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird;
- have reasonable bookkeeping and accounting knowledge;
- be a team leader with the ability to strictly manage a diverse team of eight employees;
- be experienced in preparing the scope for work to be performed by independent contractors and in managing and supervising their work while on the estate;
- be legally allowed to work in Ontario, Canada;
- hold, or be able to acquire, a driver’s license which permits driving in Ontario, Canada;
- be intelligent, honest and driven with the ability to work independently without supervision;
- have a clean criminal record, supported by a criminal background check;
- provide excellent references with telephone numbers;
- have polished manners and the understanding of how a formal household operates; o have the skill to abide by these manners and to ensure all other staff do;
- have at least 5 years experience in a self-reliant managerial position in a related work environment, f.i. hospitality industry or formal large household;
- be knowledgeable about basic and advanced house maintenance technology, such as home automation;
- acquire quickly knowledge of applicable municipal, provincial and federal legislation;
1. The development of specialist knowledge of all aspects of the Estate.
2. Development of the domestic staff into a team of cross trained individuals that maintain and enhance the Estate;
3. Procurement, management and careful monitoring of all independent contractors as required for the maintenance of the Estate buildings and grounds, subject to Owners approval;
4. Preparation of detailed policies for both the property and the residents of the estate for:
- Day to day activities of each staff depending on season and circumstances;
- Proper staff behavior towards residents and guests
- Arrival and departure of residents and guests;
- Emergency response plans for Residents and Estate;
6. Adhering to the policies and avoidance of “executive decisions”;
7. Financial prudence in all expenses, as instructed;
8. Management of the administration of the estate, including finances;
9. Representation and main contact of the Estate to all government agencies;
10. Weekly reporting to the Owners, and immediate reporting of unforeseen events;
Good salary, negotiable depending on profile
Reference : 833 LD