Domestic Couple Job
An Estate Manager in charge of the property portfolio for a Principal who owns a villa in Sandhurst, Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa requires the services of a very experienced and qualified Guardian Couple to care for this 1500 square meter home.
The couple will be in charge of all the Housekeeping & Valet / Security requirements of the home on a permanent basis with additional staff joining the team during the Principals visits. A high level of cleanliness, hygiene, security and confidentiality will be expected at all times. The property currently employs a gardener and maintenance man on a permanent basis and thus team work will be required.
Full VIP housekeeping requirements to a very high standard are expected during Principal stays for both the family and guests.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication _ South African education.
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with experience working in a luxury residence
- Extensive experience in similar position within a large private family residence or boutique hotel in South Africa
- Qualifications and experience in domestic housekeeping & caring _ South African qualifications.
- Flexible and able to accommodate manager and guest requests
- Service orientated and highly skilled
- Additional certificates would be a plus.
- References will be required
Duties & Responsibilities
Guardian & Caretaker
- Ensure security measures are in place, property is secure & all systems in working order
- Access control of the main entrance at all times for guests & suppliers
- General ability to undertake and complete errands as and when required (driver’s license required)
- Assistant to property maintenance manager, assisting with errands & general upkeep
- Assistant to housekeeper as scheduled, for deep cleans, high level cleaning & exterior areas
- Ability to compile a written & emailed report on a weekly & monthly basis
- Reporting to and assisting Estate Manager as and when required with varied duties.
- Maintain cleaning check list & record
- Detailed cleaning including carpets and windows, surfaces & antiques
- Organizing and scheduling cleaning routines _ reporting to Estate Manager
- Laundry and ironing including linens, VIP wardrobe and delicates
- VIP wardrobe management
- Simple sewing and repair to clothing
- Household inventory management & grocery list for cleaning supplies.
- Vendor supervision and reporting to estate manager
- Running errands
- Maintaining cleaning equipment at all times
- Special care of furnishings, delicate surfaces, high-end household appliances
- Hand-washing and special care of fine linens and delicate clothing
- Team work with housekeepers, gardeners & kitchen staff
- Assisting with kitchen hygiene & cleaning
- Assisting in the preparation for functions / receptions & special occasions
- Serving of guests when required at large functions.
- Cleaning and packaging of function items after functions.
- Guest room preparation for expected guests.
- Bed making to hotel standard
- Turn down service to hotel standard
- Packing and unpacking luggage for guest arrivals and departures _ when required.
- 3 years' experience working as a housekeeper/manager in a private residence
- Long term previous experience
- Fluent English
- Guardian and Housekeeping qualifications would be a plus.
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Driver’s License for at least one candidate.
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs (max 45 hour week)
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Private apartment is included
- Full time placement with 3 month trial period
Ad reference: 689 SA