Domestic Couple Job
A family based in Paris is looking for a hard-working and motivated guardian couple to take care of their country house located in Vallee de Chevreuse, near Versailles.
The couple have to be knowledgeable about growing vegetables in a kitchen garden and willing to look after it. The size of the kitchen garden is approximately 1 hectare, and the size of the entire property is about 4 hectares.
The property is used by the family at weekends, that is why the couple will have to work on Saturdays and Sundays, and then have days off during the week.
Date of the beginning of the job: February-March 2018.
Contract: CDI, the Gardener will work full-time, and the Housekeeper will work part-time (20-24 hours/week).
- Horticultural knowledge
- Willingness and motivation to work in a vegetable garden
- Gardening and maintenance skills
- French speaking (English optional)
- Experience in a similar position
- Able to work autonomously
- Responsible and hard-working individuals
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking care of the vegetable garden (planting seeds, preparing soil, etc)
- General gardening duties (mowing the lawn, removing leaves, etc)
- Cutting hedges
- Property maintenance and minor repairs
- Cleaning the house
- Changing sheets
- Laundry and ironing
- Assistance in the kitchen (preparing, peeling and chopping vegetables, etc)
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers
Gardener: full-time, Housekeeper: part-time (20-24 hours/week)
Flexible when the owners are in the property
Able to manage their time when the owners are away
It is a live-in position. A separate cottage with a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom and a kitchen provided.
Negotiable, depending on the skills of the couple.
Ad reference: 687 LD