Estate Manage Job
A lovely Russian family based in a countryside estate between Geneva and Lausanne, in Switzerland, is looking for an experienced Estate Manager for their 2 properties (in Switzerland and France).
This is a live-out role.
- Advanced accounting skills including budgeting and financial reporting.
- Ability to control costs and to constantly assess and reduce unnecessary costs.
- Management skills including communication, analytics, staff management and administration.
- Ability to create and maintain an accountability culture across an organization.
- Ability to manage common contracts, working with lawyers and employment agencies.
- Ability to organize transportation and travel logistics.
- Proven success in demonstrating the required skills listed above.
- Proven experience (5+ years) of successfully managing properties, including teams of staff. Long-term experience in a similar position with not more than one family is preferred, with reference to the Job Description below.
- Professional administrator who manages through the use of training and the development of KPIs to regularly control staff, costs and operations. Strict financial discipline is also necessary.
- Languages: Fluent French (must), Fluent English (must), German/Italian/Russian (bonus).
- Loyal, honest and discrete person with highly efficient organizational skills.
- Has a good current knowledge of the Geneva area with a strong network of local suppliers and vendors (food, building and maintenance, household staff, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for managing 2 properties with hotel services and standards, each with its own staff:
- A countryside estate in Switzerland (between Geneva & Lausanne)
- A coastal home in southern France
- Preparation of, and controlling, an annual budget to be approved by the owners.
- The targets of the budget must be controlled together with the costs.
- A system of evidence must be maintained to support all expenditures
- Strict reporting standards to be followed.
- Control the efficient use of labour and financial resources.
- Organize regular transportation and travel (foreign and domestic), including responsibility for detailed planning and execution of trips.
- Ensure the safety and security of the properties and their residents.
- Safeguard the legal title to the estate and all related assets.
- Organize and control special capital projects from time to time.
- Salary: Negotiable depending on results of the interview and expectations of the candidate.
- Contract: Permanent, full time (5-6 days/ week, flexible hours).
Job reference: 657 LD