Estate & Facilities Manager Job
A professional family with a large private residence in Constantia, South Africa comprising of two properties require the services of a very experienced and qualified Estate & Facilities Manager. The most suitable candidate for this position will have solid experience in a similar role for a private family, very good contactable references and suitable qualifications to manage a property of this size and demand.
Proper operation of the main manor and adjacent property with multi functions varied from family & guest accommodations, renovation, supply and staffing requirements such as schedules & rosters will be included in the responsibilities applied to the perfect candidate.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- At least 5 year’ s experience in a similar role for a private family residence.
- Good to excellent knowledge of Cape Town & surrounds.
- Good to excellent knowledge of Cape Town based suppliers to private residences. (all facilities)
- Professional qualifications (project management/HR/BCom would be a plus)
- Flexibility & Availability with short notice.
- Organizational Skills _ with references making special mention of this skill.
- Managerial Skills _ with proven track record of this skill.
- Staff Training Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Prioritising Skills
- Administrative experience (qualification would be a plus)
- Presentable, Neat, Professional, Friendly & Tidy.
- Fondness of children & good interpersonal skills would be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Staff rostering & scheduling between adjacent properties.
- Staff duties & responsibilities management at all times.
- Staff development & skills improvement as and when required.
- Staffing recruitment & hiring when required.
- Property Security management.
- Property Representative & family ambassador during family absence and at all times.
- Property Maintenance management, reporting, scheduling & minor repair.
- Property Supplier management, reporting, scheduling & correspondence.
- Property Services management, reporting, scheduling & correspondence.
- Property Facilities management, reporting, scheduling & correspondence.
- All logistics prioritizing for property services, family arrivals & departures.
- Preparation for events, receptions & entertainment when required. (logistics & staff)
- Full responsibility for property function & facilities.
- Full management function of human resources, their duties & responsibilities.
- Administration & communications for reporting back to principal on all aspects.
- Prioritizing staffing requirements matched with current use of properties at any particular time.
- Implementation of structure in human resources within the private home.
- Overall Estate, property and staff function management and responsibility at all times.
- Live Out position
- Company Vehicle may be provided
- Schedule will be flexible ( 8 to 10 hours per day, 6 days per week)
- Overtime may be required (equal remuneration or off time to accommodate)
- Remuneration will be negotiated according to a candidates qualifications, experience and will be very competitive.
Ad reference: 643 SA