Head Housekeeper Job
A presentable, pro-active and flexible head housekeeper with superb cooking skills is required to work in a beautiful modern villa located in Cannes, the south of France.
The 600 m2 villa is situated on 2 floors and a terrace and consists of 4 bedrooms, an office and a professional kitchen. There is also a separate 44m2-flat which may be provided to the employees.
The family stay in the house around five months per year, the busiest period is from May to September; there are also occasional visits at weekends throughout the year.
Ideally, the candidate would work full time the summer seasons (May-September) and keep the house clean when the Principals and guests are away. The candidates will have to be flexible and available to work during occasional family visits in the off-season.
This way the position would be full-time during the summer seasons and part-time during the off-season. In season a cleaning/ironing lady will come as needed.
The position may be either live-in or live-out. If live-out, the candidate must live close by.
There is a handyman/driver currently employed in the property, and additional personnel may be brought into the house during the peak summer season.
- Fluent French
- English will be a plus
- Driving licence
- Excellent cooking skills
- +5 years of experience in a similar position
- Yacht steward training would be a plus
- Presentable and tidy
- Trustworthy and honest
- Responsible, able to take initiative, a self-starter
- Adaptable and flexible with a positive attitude
Duties and Responsibilities for a Head Housekeeper
- Cooking to a high standard in a variety of cuisine styles
- Shopping for groceries and household items
- Table service
- Cleaning of the house (knowledge of valuable surfaces and materials is required)
- Attention to detail
- Paperwork & administrative duties (MOT for cars, making sure all invoices are paid, etc)
- Regular reporting to the owners
- Helping with laundry and ironing in the summer
- Running errands
- Dealing with contractors & suppliers
An automatic car will be provided for work-related purposes.
Salary: EUR 2 500 net per month.