Live-in Houseman Job
Family based in Southampton, New-York in USA is looking for a houseman for cleaning, maintenance and other general work outside and inside their home, in order to keep it properly presentable and running smoothly
- Weekly punch lists (Estate Manager will provide an excel spreadsheet where all projects, their costs or estimated cost and schedule should be logged)
- Cleaning – heavy interior and exterior
- Perform household repairs and assist the housekeepers if needed
- Arrange and coordinate with outside vendors and services to perform work on the house
- Drive and chauffer
- Automobile care and maintenance (All cars should be cleaned inside and out, and should be filled with gas all the time)
- While Mr. is having dinner, his bed should be open, fresh water put on the night table, with a nice glass and shades turned down. The bathroom should be refreshed. (I will explain it to you, if you want)
- At the end of the day, all garbage should be out (bathrooms, office, and kitchen).
- Once the housekeeper is out, it is the responsibility of the houseman to keep all clean, lights on etc.
- The houseman is in charge of providing the Estate Manager, with all information about the cars.
- Run errands at Mr./ Estate Manager/Resident Manager Request
- Oversee operations of the HVAC, and all other mechanical equipment to ensure working order.
- Keep the pool clean and plants watered
- Care of trash and recycling inside and outside the house
- Keep inventories of wines, liquors and beverages
- Set the table
- Only the staff car is for use. No other car is to be used for shopping or any private matters.
- No guests are allowed in the property.
Your hours of work are unpredictable, flexible and seasonal. You will be required to work harder with more hours during the summer months, with little to no time for days off and vacation unless approved.
Your work schedule is determined weekly by the Estate Manager and will often change throughout the week. All overtime will be paid once a month.