Domestic Couple Job and Vacancy
A HNW couple are looking for a live-in guardian / domestic couple to take care of their beautiful weekend residence in Chantilly, France.
The house is about 650 m2, there are 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. There is also a large 2 hectare garden and a farmer / gardener working there but the couple would have to assist him. The Principals spend their weekends and some holidays in the property that is why the right candidates should be willing to work at weekends and have days off during the week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance in taking care of the property including general preparation, cleaning and maintenance of premises
- Looking after 2 small dogs (feeding, taking to the vet)
- Light food preparation. Preparing breakfast on weekends when there are houseguests (light family style cooking)
- Ensuring a comfortable stay for the family while in residence.
- Providing the proper working order of household equipment (water heaters, small kitchen equipment, TVs), bulbs replacement, regulation of the climate control system, heating, plumbing maintenance, minor repairs and painting.
- Local grocery shopping.
- Some gardening assistance
- Car maintenance (1 car, car wash, MOT, insurance)
- Local errands and occasional pick-ups/drop offs to/from CDG and local train station.
- Flexibility and efficiency
- Driving license category B
- Fluent French and conversational English for at least one person
- Hard-working, multitasking, organizational skills, ability to adapt quickly, independence in work
- Team players
- Love for their work and ability to deal with unforeseen problems
- Experience of working in a HNW family and/or in in the hospitality industry would be an advantage
- Well groomed, smart and tidy appearance
- An extensive work experience (from 5 to 10 years)
- Valid references
35 hours per week, with flexibility during the presence of the employers, including weekends.
4 weeks holiday per year
The position is live-in. The employers provide a furnished independent caretakers two story house of about 70m with 2 bedrooms.
€3,500 net per month (for the couple) plus housing with utility allowance.