Head Butler / House Manager in London, United Kingdom
An experienced Head Butler is required for a live-in position in a busy household in Kensington, London. The head butler will work alongside and supervise 1 butler, 2 junior butlers and 4-5 other members of household staff.
The right candidate must be very hands-on and a good team player, have excellent communication skills and would know formal and informal service.
- Experience as a head butler or butler
- Fluent English
- Flexible and available
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Hands-on, a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel with the family if required
- Positive attitude
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervising and coordinating the work of butlers and other staff
- Managing rotas of the personnel
- Setting an example and training butlers if necessary
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- Overseeing table service, ensuring proper service at all times
- Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars etc.
- Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests
- Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
- Inviting and welcoming guests
- Helping with organisation of social events
- Working closely with and reporting to the Madam of the house
- Travelling with the family if required
The working hours will be discussed with the right candidate.
This is a live-in position, a separate bedroom with en-suite facilities will be provided.
The probationary period will be 6 months.
GBP 45,000 gross per year
Start as soon as possible