Head Housekeeper Job
An experienced domestic helper / all-rounder is required to take care of a beautiful residence close to Aix-en-Provence in France. The house has 6-8 bedrooms with high-end bespoke furniture so the candidate should be able to look after valuable items such as brass.
The Principals travel extensively for work and are often away but the right candidate should know how to keep himself / herself busy in the Principals’ absence and do deep cleaning of the house, maintain the garden, etc.
During the summer there are many guests in the house so the candidate should be comfortable providing table service if necessary.
Sometimes the candidate will be required to travel with the Principals to Switzerland.
Date of the beginning of the job: 1st April 2017
- 3 years’ experience
- Longevity in previous positions
- Driving license
- Good cooking skills
- Gardening skills & looking after a vegetable garden
- Available to travel with the Principals if necessary
- Conversational English, French will be a plus
- Trustworthy and hardworking
- Computer literate and able to use Excel to prepare expenditure reports
- Presentable appearance
Duties and responsibilities
- Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner (simple cooking, Mediterranean cuisine with fresh local ingredients)
- Table service
- Deep cleaning of the house
- Laundry and ironing
- Shopping for groceries, cleaning products and household item
- Looking after the swimming pool
- Looking after the vegetable and rose gardens
- Running errands
- Expenditure reporting
- Liaising with contractors
9 hours per day with a 1-hour lunch break
Lovely accommodation will provided in a separate cottage.
Trial period 1 month
EUR 3 000 net per month