Private Chef Cook Job and Vacancy
An energetic and flexible chef (sous-chef level) is required to work for a private Indian family based in Belgravia, London. The right candidate must have Indian cooking background and be able to cook Indian and Asian (Thai, Chinese, Japanese… ) dishes, as well as fresh soups, salads, a variety of healthy dishes, experience of gluten free/diary free would be preferred.
The candidate will be required to cook all three meals a day. Starting with the 2 children’s breakfasts around 7.30am, followed by the Master & Madam of the house. Lunch to be prepared and served. Dinners to be prepared but the candidate will be able to leave before dinner is served; another staff member will complete the meal and serve.
The right candidate should be able to work as part of a team as there are other staff working closely with the family: 1 House manager, 2 nannies, 1 traditional Indian Housekeeper/cook and one full time housekeeper as well as a chauffeur.
The role would suit someone young and energetic, flexible and willing to muck in and help with ordering groceries online and serving the family meals.
The position may be either live-in or live-out (if live in, accommodation at a staff house approx. 0.6 miles from family home will be provided).
- Energetic, flexible and open-minded
- Candidate with residential experience who comes from a junior chef background or has worked in seasonal overseas private chef roles or on a yacht etc.
- Used to dealing with demanding personalities
- Can cook Asian style cuisine with flavour
- Is used to making lean, fresh food with high nutritional content (Example of ingredients:- Black soba noodles, quinoa, green juices (cold pressed), chicken and salmon Teriyaki, baking with almond flour and coconut butter etc, healthy gluten alternatives. Using Soy and Almond milk in juices)
- Familiar with Ottelenghi style recipes
- A team player
- Looking for a long-term position (the employment history should reflect this; the family are looking for someone who has held their previous jobs for a significant time. Someone used to temporary/casual jobs for the last few years will not suit this role).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner (Indian and Asian cuisines)
- Table service
- Responsible to keep the kitchen clean
- Keeping the food stocked
- Placing online grocery orders
- Working in team with other household staff
5.5 or 6 days and full working hours 7.00am to 5/6pm. Typical days Sunday- Friday but candidate should be flexible in case they are required to swap for a Saturday - 2 breaks throughout the day
Good salary based on experience.