Houseman in Cape Town, South Africa
A young professional couple, residing in Cape Town, South Africa, require the employment & services of a Houseman/Housekeeper to ensure the upkeep, maintenance, housekeeping, VIP wardrobe and general residence on a daily basis.
Housekeeping, cleaning, errands, service provider management, cleaning scheduling, washing cars, looking after two small dogs, occasional basic cooking, occasional serving and household administration will be required within flexible hours. The candidates should have a good command of English, and a basic level of cooking skills. The home demands a high level of cleaning skill and eye for detail. All laundry, ironing and wardrobe care duties are also required.
This live-out position is offered with lunch meals included.
Duties and responsibilities
- Keeping residence clean and tidy (bedrooms, bathrooms, entertainment area, dining room, verandas, lounge, decks/balconies and kitchen...)
- Full responsibility for housekeeping and deep cleaning
- Special attention to laundry, washing machine loads and hand washing.
- Progress reports and informing principles of any unexpected situations
- Making beds and the preparation of rooms before the arrival of the family and family guests on a daily basis.
- Taking care of VIP wardrobe
- Basic cooking and food prep when required may include cooking of Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Looking after, walking and feeding two small poodles
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals (inventory and shopping list)
- Inventory and shopping for groceries and cleaning agents
- Caring of valuable items such as silverware, antiques and works of art
- Running errands when required
- General maintenance and DIY within and outside the home
- General garden & pool maintenance
- Washing luxury cars cleaning, hoovering and upkeep.
- At least 3 years' experience working as a professional housekeeper in a private residence
- Experience looking after and walking small dogs
- Experienced dog groomer is an advantage
- Fluent English with a good spoken and written command of the language.
- Basic Cooking Skills
- Valid South African driving licence and transport would be advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Non Smokers Only
Schedule is flexible for 5 days/ per week (Mon - Fri, 08:00 - 17:00)
Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
Trial period mandatory