Estate Manager Job and Vacancy
A private client living in a large private estate located near Toulon is looking for a Estate Manager to run and maintain the property and manage domestic staff.
Actually, the Estate Manager will be a land manager, and will be leading and directing a team of domestic personnel (5-10 employees) as well as coordinating and supervising contractors and suppliers. The Estate Manager should ensure the perfect management of the area (parks, buildings, pool, equipment) and provide the best service and living conditions for the principals and their guests.
A security officer, three gardeners, a houseman, gamekeeper, housekeepers and cooks already work in the estate.
The future candidate will be responsible for the management of the private property of the principal, but not for the vineyard. The Manager will be also in charge of arranging schedules, daily briefings of staff, ensuring timely and high quality work and high standard service for the owner, his family and guests. The estate manager will be responsible for monitoring the work of subcontractors, and budget management to some extent.
The manager should be a real leader, a rigorous and demanding at work and understand the employer's requirements.
The estate consists of a large country house, four separate houses to host family and their guests, two swimming pools and green areas of approximately 150 hectares (massifs, meadows, woods, paths etc.). There are also animals in the territory of the estate (horses, sheep, chickens etc.).
Requirements for the profile of the candidate
- Candidate with minimum 5 years experience working for a private family in a similar position (agriculture for example)
- Polish speaking as a plus
- Demanding person
- Available and flexible
- Organized and rigorous
- Hands on
- Real manager, knowledge of management techniques and good managerial skills
- True leader
- Rural man
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Valid references
- Driving license B
- Presentable appearance
- Organizational skills
- Good administrator - Knowledge of financial reporting
- High sense of responsibility
- Handyman skills
- Attention to detail
Duties and responsibilities
- Administration and daily management of the domestic staff and external personnel
- Management of subcontractors
- Reporting to the Manager - the landlord
- Maintenance of green areas
- Maintenance of buildings, swimming pools and equipment (maintenance and management)
- Handling of machines, golf cars and agricultural vehicles
- Financial Management (this task may be delegated to the manager gradually depending on his/her experience)
- Management of subcontractors, estimates and invoices (with the administrative manager)
- Organization of various family events and receptions (with the house manager)
- Ensuring specialized training for domestic staff
- Ensuring daily staff meetings
- Implementation of the owner's requests and projects
Schedule is to be agreed with the client
Between 3 500 and 4 000 euros net per month
Accommodation for the estate manager and his family (a lovely flat with three bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a garden) is provided. The accommodation has basic furniture.
French CDI contract, trial period to be determined