Head Butler Job Offer and Vacancy
A HNW family based in Monaco is looking for a Head Butler to work in their apartment in Monaco. The right candidate must have excellent experience and training in service, and experience of managing a household and managing other household staff.
The Head Butler will work on a rota with two other butlers and will need to be flexible depending on the movements of the family. It is better if the candidates have their own transport and be currently based near to Monaco in order to travel home late at night and early in the morning.
The Head Butler will not generally be required to travel with the principal.
Currently the household is staffed with 2 butlers, 3 housekeepers, 4 nannies, a chef, the Madam’s personal assistant and chauffeurs.
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Able to provide silver service
- Managerial skills
- Hands-on candidate
- Fluent English and French
- Child friendly
- Dog friendly
- Own vehicle (preferably)
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the rota of the butlers
- Supervising housekeepers if required
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times (silver service)
- Managing stock and supply operations
- Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests
- Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
- Inviting and welcoming guests
- Laying out clothing for the male principal
- Packing for the male principal when he travels
- Taking a dog for a walk if required
- Assisting the chef in the kitchen when needed (washing up, tidying and cleaning kitchen, stocking the fridges etc.)
- Taking care of other household matters when needed (deliveries to the house)
The Head butler would be working on a rota with 2 other butlers and have 2 days off per week. The shifts would alternate between an early shift one week and a late shift the following week to provide full cover for the family. Early shift: approx 6.30am-3pm; late shift: 3pm-approx 11/12 midnight.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience, around 3.5-4k euros net per month.
Start as soon as possible.