Housekeeper/Maid Job and Vacancy
A single, mature gentleman, residing in Mouille Point, Cape Town requires the employment & services of a housekeeper with exceptional cooking abilities.
Housekeeping, cleaning, errands, service provider management, cleaning scheduling, cooking, serving and household administration will be required within flexible hours. The candidates should have a good command of English, and a good level of cooking skills. The apartment demands a high level of cleaning skill and and eye for detail. All laundry, ironing and wardrobe care duties are also required.
This live-out position is offered with lunch meals included.
Duties and responsibilities
- Keeping residence clean and tidy (bedrooms, bathrooms, entertainment area, dining room, verandas, lounge, decks/balconies and kitchen...)
- Full responsibility for housekeeping, deep cleaning and laundry.
- Progress reports and informing principles of any unexpected situations
- Making beds and the preparation of rooms before the arrival of the family and family guests on a daily basis.
- Taking care of VIP wardrobe
- Daily cooking of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (imaginative, inventive and interesting)
- Knowledge of Jewish cuisine (Kosher) would be an advantage.
- Inventory and list control for pantry
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals
- Inventory and shopping for groceries and cleaning agents
- Caring of valuable items such as silverware, antiques and works of art
- Taking care of residence during the absence of the principal
- Running errands when required
- Assisting with table service and preparing for receptions both formal and informal
- 3 years' experience working as a professional housekeeper and personal cook in a private residence
- Fluent English with a good spoken and written command of the language.
- Cooking skills of a high level
- Valid South African driving licence would be advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Non Smokers Only.
- Schedule is flexible for 6 days/ per week (08:00 - 16:00)
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Trial period mandatory