Gardener Job and Vacancy
A professional couple residing in Johannesburg, South Africa require the employment and services of a long term Gardener/Houseman to ensure the maintenance of their homes grounds, gardens, lawns, flower beds, trees, shrubs and newly established beds. The general upkeep of their homes exterior and surrounding areas with general housekeeping duties in the home.
The candidates extensive experience in working in a private residence, with full gardening and maintenance responsibilities and the ability to manage external or outsources suppliers will be utilized to it's full potential within this excellent opportunity. Qualified and energetic candidates can expect a competitive package - live out.
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication (an additional African language, Sotho, would be a plus)
- Honest and Trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage: Small maintenance tasks, external suppliers, garden maintenance as a whole.
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence
- High level of experience in gardening, felling and garden layout
- Flexible and able to accommodate principle and children's schedule including public holidays and weekends
- Drivers Licence, own vehicle would be a plus
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing small maintenance required in and around the home.
- Tending to garden, lawn, flowerbeds, potted plants, trees, patios, drive and surrounding areas.
- Pool maintenance, and an understanding of the pool pump and filter workings.
- Paved area sweeping and edge trimming.
- Weeding of paved area, lawn and flowerbeds.
- Hedge maintenance, trimming and shaping.
- Lawn maintenance, edges and watering schedule with water wastage a priority.
- Keeping to watering schedule and setting a routine for the maintenance of the garden.
- Understanding of potting methods and watering requirements for different potted plants.
- Understanding of pesticides and weeding chemicals, with the ability to understand the usage.
- Knowledge of plant food & scheduling of feeding and watering requirements.
- Ability to follow instructions on new flowerbed preparation and design.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all property walls.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all patio furniture, outside furniture and accessories.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all gardening equipment and tools.
- Ability and experience in pruning roses, fruit trees and shrubs in accordance with seasonal requirements
- Experience in the re-potting and re-planting of removed trees.
- General houseman duties within the home, housekeeping and general assistance with cooking and laundry
- Skilled and experienced in all-rounder ability inside and outside the home.
- Ability and references for using own initiative in a unsupervised position.
- 3 years' experience working as a Gardener/Houseman in a private residence
- Fluent English + additional African language
- Additional housekeeping / cooking / laundry skills will be advantageous
- Dynamic, friendly yet professional person with kind and honest attributes who values the discretion required
- Schedule is flexible in accordance to the family needs - max 45 hour week.
- Availability required on all Weekends and Public Holidays
- Salary based on experience and qualifications for the right candidate.
- Full time placement with 1 month trial period