Gardener in Bloemfontein, South Africa
Private Client is looking for a Gardener to maintain the grounds of the estate and ensure that the garden and the grounds look presentable at all times. The garden area is 1,800m²
Start – May 15, 2016.
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking care of the territory of the estate: planting, looking after the lawn, cutting the hedges, cleaning the leaves
- Overseeing a multifaceted garden, including landscaping and minor construction or repair work
- Taking care of herbaceous borders, rose beds, fruit trees
- Planting trees, flowers and plants
- Watering plants
- Ensuring the proper work of irrigation system and all other garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced
- Providing basic service and repair for all garden machinery
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Ensuring all gardens, lawns, flowerbeds, flowers, greenhouses, trees, shrubs and bushes are healthy and well-tended to
- Planning and designing all plant beds and pots
- Experience of working as a gardener for a private client
- Training in gardening/landscaping, garden seminars & botanical workshops
- Fluent English
- Expert knowledge in the care of flora
- Good eye for colour
- Flexibility and efficiency
- Good organizational skills
- Independence in work
The schedule to be agreed with the client. This is a live out position.
Negotiable, depending on skills and knowledge of the candidate.